Arsenal travel to the Liberty Stadium to face Swansea City this weekend with all their focus now on a top four finish in the Premier League.
It was a brave effort from the Gunners on Wednesday as they came within a goal of eliminating Bayern Munich from the Champions League, but as with last year against Milan, they had lost the tie in the first leg and could not quite retrieve it.
Arsene Wenger’s men must now turn their attention back to the Premier League and the quest to qualify for next season’s Champions League, with Chelsea and Tottenham above them and a resurgent Liverpool breathing down their neck.
Unlike the Gunners, Swansea have already qualified for Europe next season, and I won’t take any kind of cheap shot about Michael Laudrup winning more trophies at the Liberty Stadium in eight months than Arsenal have in the last eight seasons.
A Michu-inspired performance saw Swansea pick up an impressive 2-0 win in the reverse fixture earlier this season, and Wenger will be eager to return the favour in what promises to be an enthralling clash at the Liberty.
But what of those stats, I hear you scream. Well…..
5. The number of times Michu has scored the first goal of a game this season in the Premier League, including in the reverse fixture at the Emirates. He can be found at 6/1 to do the same here.
8. The Swans have scored eight goals in their last three home games, all of which were victories. Laudrup’s men are 23/10 to beat Arsenal at the Liberty.
9. In Arsenal’s last 20 Premier League games, they have scored once on nine occasions. Given that near 50% record, the odds of them bagging only one in Wales of 17/10 look tremendously enticing.
10. Should Swansea lose on Saturday then their Premier League record will be a perfect ten, with ten wins, ten draws and ten losses in their 30 outings. Back Arsenal to win at odds of 5/4
13. Despite having their detractors at the back, Arsenal boast the joint best away defensive record in the Premier League this season, with only 13 conceded in 14 away days. You can bet on the Gunners keeping a clean sheet in this one at a price of 11/5.
Follow David on Twitter @whichdave