In the past, we’ve made these competitions pretty easy for you. All you’ve needed to do to win tickets to watch Premier League football at Old Trafford is ‘Like’ the bwin Facebook page or follow @bwin on Twittter. But we’ve decided to step things up a notch: to be in with a chance of winning tickets to see Manchester United v Stoke City on Saturday, October 20th we want you to use your powers of prediction. Up for the challenge? Then read on.
We’ve got two grandstand tickets to give away for the Man Utd v Stoke clash at Old Trafford and we’ll be awarding them both to someone who can successfully predict the first scorer in the match between the Red Devils and Newcastle United on Sunday. All correct entries will be pooled and one winner of a pair of tickets will be drawn at random.
To take part in the competition, simply follow @bwin on Twitter and tweet the name of the player you think will score first in Newcastle v Man Utd on Sunday to @bwin, adding the hashtag #bwinning.
For those looking for inspiration, Robin van Persie is favourite to break the deadlock at the Sports Direct Arena on Sunday at odds of 9/2. Wayne Rooney is close behind at 11/2, while Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez are priced at 13/2 and 7/1 respectively.
Meanwhile, Demba Ba is the shortest-priced Newcastle player to break the deadlock at 7/1 and this is no wonder when you consider he has scored five goals in his last three league appearances. Not only that, but he scored the opener when the Red Devils last visited the Sports Direct Arena. With Sir Alex Ferguson’s side having conceded the first goal of the game in six of their nine matches so far this season, Ba looks a great shout to strike early.
Other Newcastle players to consider include Papiss Cisse (15/2), Hatem Ben Arfa (12/1) and Yohan Cabaye (16/1), although no goalscorer (33/4) and own goal (25/1) should not be forgotten either.
However, the choice is entirely up to you: just make sure you send your prediction over in a tweet which also includes @bwin and #bwinning before 15:59 (GMT +1) on Sunday, October 7th. Your prediction should take the form of the player’s name, ‘no goalscorer’ or ‘own goal’.
The full terms and conditions for the competition are listed below. Good luck!
Promotion Terms and Conditions – Man United v Stoke City Ticket Promotion
- Promotion Period: This promotion is only valid from 14:00 (GMT +1) on 5 October 2012 to 15:59 (GMT +1) on 7 October 2012. By taking part in this promotion, you agree to these Specific Promotional Terms and Conditions, as well as our General Terms and Conditions available at: https://help.bwin.com/General/Legal/general_tac_overview.aspx?sc_lang=en
- Entry: To enter, players must:
- Follow @bwin and send a tweet to @bwin containing #bwinning and the name of the player they think will score the first goal in the Newcastle v Manchester United game on Sunday, 7 October 2012. (Tweets which predict either an “own goal” or “no goalscorer” shall also be eligible for entry.)
- Entries must be received before 15:59 (GMT +1) on Sunday, 7 October.
- The identity of the first goalscorer will be deemed as the player credited with the first goal of the game on premierleague.com at 9:00 (GMT +1) on Monday, 8 October. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/results.html?paramComp_100=true&view=.dateSeason
- If the first goal of the game is an own goal, only those entrants who predicted ‘own goal’ will be placed in the prize draw.
- If the game is goalless, only those entrants who predicted ‘no goalscorer’ will be placed in the prize draw.
- In the event of nobody predicting the correct first goalscorer, a winner will be drawn from all unsuccessful entrants.
First Prize: One Pair of tickets for Manchester United v Stoke City
The tickets permit grandstand access for two people to the match played by the Manchester United first team against Stoke City Football Club at Old Trafford on Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 15:00 (GMT +1); seats are located in the grandstand.
- Prize Draw:
- Players who successfully: Follow @bwin; send a tweet to @bwin containing #bwinning and the name of the player they think will score the first goal in the Newcastle v Manchester United game on Sunday, 7 October 2012 or ‘no goalscorer’ or ‘own goal’; and do so before 15:59 (GMT +1) on Sunday, 7 October will be placed in a draw to win the Tickets and a winner shall be drawn at random (the “Winner”). The draw will take place on 8 October 2012 and the first name chosen will win the Tickets.
- The Winner will be contacted before 13:00 (GMT +1) on Monday, 8 October 2012 by direct message on Twitter to notify them that they have won. Failure to reply within 24 hours will result in forfeiture of the prize and bwin will be entitled to re-draw.
- Ticket Collection: The Winner must be available to collect the Tickets prior to kick off from the Old Trafford ticket office on Saturday, 20 October 2012.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible for entry into the prize draw, players must:
- be over the age of 18;
- be willing to participate in any related publicity campaigns.
- Cancellation: bwin reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time, or to omit players from the prize draw, with or without reason.
- Publicity: We reserve the right to publish the names and details of the prizes won by all players as part of this promotion. We reserve the right to publish photos and news stories around the Winners.
- Non-transferable: This prize is non-transferable and must not be sold or given away to any third party without the prior written consent of bwin. If the Winner is not able to attend the match, he or she must notify bwin that they wish to forfeit the tickets and bwin will be entitled to re-draw for the Tickets from the list of eligible players. Bwin are under no obligation to offer a substitution if a Winner is unable to accept the prize.
- Identification: Photocard identification will be required of both the Winner and their guest in order for the Winner to collect the Tickets. Failure to provide valid proof of identification for both the Winner and their guest may result in neither party being allowed into the ground.
- Transport: The winner will be responsible for their own cost of travel and necessary insurance to and from the ground.
- Ticket Conditions: The winners and their guest must abide by the ticketing conditions and any breach of these conditions may result in the Winner and their guest being refused entry to Old Trafford.
We are committed to responsible gaming for over 18s only.
bwin is a trademark of bwin.party group. bwin.party digital entertainment plc is a publicly-listed company on the London Stock Exchange.
All rights reserved. © bwin.party 2012.