Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has built himself something of a reputation thanks to a series of on and off-field antics that ensure he keeps his name in the tabloids.
He’s had trouble with training bibs, trouble with fireworks, trouble with Italian prison officers and trouble with his manager, but what actually goes on in the mind of Mario Balotelli?
Here at bwin, we’ve been doing some research and here are just a few facts* that you may or may not know about the magnificent Mario Balotelli:
- Mario Balotelli once dated both of the twins from the 1990s children’s TV show Fun House.
- Mario Balotelli is the banker on the Italian version of Deal or No Deal.
- Mario Balotelli is an honorary professor in Oriental Medicine at the University of Turin.
- Mario Balotelli once turned down a lucrative deal with Dolmio because he felt it was ‘culturally insensitive’.
- Mario Balotelli is invisible to all airport security scanners.
- Mario Balotelli used to work on the photo counter at Tesco until he was framed for indecent exposure.
- Mario Balotelli’s toilet is the only place in the northern hemisphere where the water flows clockwise.
- Mario Balotelli still needs a Mario Balotelli sticker to complete his 2011 Panini album.
- You know that rustling noise from in the bushes during the first season of Lost? Yep. Mario Balotelli.
- Mario Balotelli has a tattoo of Peter Kay on his right thigh, done after seeing his stand-up show in 2008, which Mario described as ‘rip roaring’.
- Mario Balotelli has unsuccessfully tried to get a pasta shape named after him. The ‘Balotelli’ is doughnut-shaped and filled with cream cheese.
- Mario Balotelli enjoys novelty ties.
- Mario Balotelli’s favourite video game character is Guile from Street Fighter.
- Mario Balotelli understands the importance of dental hygiene.
- Mario Balotelli is allergic to raspberry Pop Tarts.
- Mario Balotelli knows the entire routine to Las Ketchup’s 2007 smash hit The Ketchup Song.
- Mario Balotelli laughs in the face of danger. And clocks.
- Mario Balotelli is worshiped as the god of fish by a tribe on the Pacific island of Tokelau.
- In the summer of 2008, Mario Balotelli lived with Tibetan monks for a number of weeks. He still has them as penpals.
- Mario Balotelli once signed up to an online dating site but quickly realised it wasn’t for him.
Is there anything else we should know about Balotelli? Let us know by contacting us on Twitter (@bwin) with the hashtag #BalotelliOnce and we’ll retweet the best suggestions.
*facts may or may not be true.