For today’s Carling Cup third round action, I’m tipping League One outfit MK Dons to build on their second round win over Norwich with victory over Championship side Burnley at Turf Moor.
Not only that, but to make things a bit more interesting I’m putting my money on the Dons to be level with their opponents at the interval before going on to win the match in normal time.
This option is available at tasty odds of 31/4, making a successful £25 bet worth £218.75. And remember, new customers can claim a free £25 bet from bwin if they sign up for a new account.
With the odds being so long, punters are going to take some convincing to part with their money. But I’m confident these stats will do the business…
- The Clarets have made a stuttering start to their league campaign, with just one win recorded in six matches
- They have yet to pick up three points at home having drawn two and lost one of their three fixtures at Turf Moor so far
- Burnley have also failed to keep a clean sheet this season
- MK Dons have lost just once so far this season, with the 4-0 thrashing of Norwich in the Carling Cup second round included in this run
- The Dons have scored 17 goals in their eight league fixtures
This suggests the Dons are well placed to take advantage of Burnley’s poor run of form, but here’s the clincher: Karl Robinson’s side have scored more than three times the number of league goals in the second half than they have in the first. As such, if they do edge ahead, they are likely to do so after the interval.
It might not be a dead cert, but the attractive odds offered by bwin suggest the bet is worth a punt – even if it’s a cheeky fiver, with this stake set to return £43.75.
New customers can register here to claim a free £25 bet or click here to see all our Carling Cup odds.
Follow us on Twitter @bwinbetting